Are you interested in traveling to Pignon, Haiti with Promise for Haiti? Promise for Haiti has the capacity to host medical mission organizations and medical teams, church mission trips, professionals, and training teams in Pignon. We host teams and interested individuals for short term trips, and also have the ability to host longer-term stays. The first step in any case is to contact our Volunteer Coordinator to begin the application process for your missionary trip to Haiti.
Enter into a life-changing experience by volunteering in Haiti. A typical trip lasts for roughly a week and can take many shapes and forms. From working in the Hospital Bienfaisance, hosting a Vacation Bible School, or working at our schools, a trip can open your team's eyes to a new culture and give the opportunity to serve our neighbors in Haiti!
See the calendar link
to check on specific availiable dates, and click on the resources below for all materials related to our trips. If there are other areas in which you desire to serve (clean water, agriculture, agronomy, etc.) or you have further questions, please contact our Volunteer Coordinator.
Volunteer Coordinator & Mission Travel
- We provide dorm space with clean linens for volunteers to stay at a cost of $50 per night. This also includes three meals per day and supports a Haitian Liaison to help your team to navigate while in Pignon.
- We also have a mission house for longer term missionaries who prefer to work for one month or longer.
- Fill out the Traveler Application Form ONLINE - OR - Download, sign, and return the Volunteer Application Form / Waiver & Release Agreement
- Fill out theTraveler Fee Form ONLINE with Automatic Payment - OR - Download the Traveler Fee (aka Per Diem) Collection Form to send via regular mail
- TEAM LEADERS PLEASE Submit the Volunteer Team Registration Form ONLINE
- Download and read the Traveler Manual
- Medical Teams download and read the Medical Travel Manual.
- Travel to Pignon REQUIRES the following
Register your trip with the US Embassy: Smart Traveler Enrollment Program
Purchase Medical & Evacuation Insurance - via Mission Travel
Sign and return the Code of Conduct and Read Policies and Guidance for Volunteers (Mission Travel will provide these forms)
Adherance to CDC disease prevention advice for travel
- The Haitian Government will collect $10 for people traveling with a US passport upon arrival
- Air travel to Haiti
- International travel can arrive in Port au Prince or Cap Haitian on Domestic Air (American Airlines, Delta, JetBlue)
- Missionary Flights International (MFI) will fly from Fort Pierce, Florida to Pignon (with stopover in Cap Haitian)
- Transportation to Pignon
- Missionary Aviation Flights (MAF)- please note you will need to arrange travel to and from the Port au Prince terminal to the MAF after you have completed customs. To arrange for this travel please email our Haitian coordinator Noel Marie Adele.
- Via MFI (see above)
- Via car/van/bus: travel arrangements can be made by contacting our Haitian coordinator Noel Marie Adele. The cost is typically $180 per 10 person van from Port au Prince to Pignon or $200 per 10 person van from Cap Haitian to Pignon.